Message for the Headmaster
These are difficult times as we tread uncharted waters and as such we have to take each day at a time. We will continue to share with you as much as we know, as soon as we know it. This week, we aim to update you on a daily basis.
There is no certainty as to when schools will close but please be assured that we are well prepared for the closure in terms of ensuring the continued education for our pupils, especially those sitting examinations.
Whilst we remain open and continue with ‘business as usual’ in terms of academic provision for the pupils, the following decisions have been made regarding events and other day-to-day logistics. These decisions have all been made with the safety of our whole Campbell Community as our top priority.
- Senior School Spring Showcase on Friday 20th March, Prep 4-7 Swimming Gala on Wednesday 25th March, Kindergarten Concert on Thursday 26th March and Prep 4 & 5 Production planned for Wednesday 1st April are all cancelled. The pupils and staff have put a vast amount of work into all these events and we were hoping it would not come to this, but in the interests of the safety of all our community we regretfully have come to this decision. Tickets should be retained for future use.
- The Sixth Form Parents’ Consultation meetings scheduled for 18th March have also been cancelled. Parents who have any specific concerns about their son that they wish to discuss with the relevant subject teacher should contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and that member of staff will endeavour to get in touch. Please note that, at this stage, we await information from CCEA and other Examination Boards regarding the impact of the pandemic on GCSE and A-Level examinations. We will communicate on this concern as soon as we have any further information. School Principals and examination officers are meeting this week to coordinate contingency plans across the local area.
- Year 10 Parents’ Consultations planned for 25th March have been postponed and further information will be provided to Year 10 Parents regarding the process for GCSE selection and Careers Guidance sessions.
- All assemblies, School, Year Group and House, have now been stopped and pupils should report daily to their Tutor group at 08:40.
- In anticipation of potential school closures, there will be an early closure on Friday 20th March, in order to allow staff to prepare fully for that eventuality.
Kindergarten pupils will finish at - 11:30 am
Key Stage 1 pupils will finish at - 11:45am
Key Stage 2 pupils will finish at - 12:00noon
Senior School pupils will finish at - 12:05pm
Can we remind you it is essential if your child has any symptoms (fever, continuous cough, sore throat), that you keep him/her off school for 7 days as directed. It is our collective responsibility to follow guidance and protect one another.
Again, we strongly advise that you continue to visit and regularly check the following websites for the latest updates and guidance:
• The Public Health Agency website
• Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website
• GOV.UK website
• The World Health Organization
My thanks as always for your ongoing support and understanding.