Spanning four generations, The Old Campbellian Society was established to ensure a sustained community existed for all those who had attended the College. It is a community in which Old Campbellians can be tied to each other and the College for the benefit for all Campbellians past, present and future.
To the advantage of Old Campbellians, the Society continues to run successful events throughout the year; including events locally, Dublin, Edinburgh and London. There are also Old Campbellian branches around the world from Australasia to The Americas. On an annual basis the Society:
- Hosts an annual Ball in October, open to Old Campbellians, parents of Campbellians, and invited guests.
- Hosts the Annual Old Campbellian Dinner in February, with representatives from many generations of Old Campbellians and invited guests, including 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th etc Reunions, reuniting Old Campbellians with each other and the school.
- Hosts an annual golf event at The Royal Belfast Golf Club in May.
- Hosts an annual Boxing Day rugby fixture versus Civil Service RFC in December.
- Supports Campbellians through scholarship schemes, enabling international exchange visits.
- Reconnects Old Campbellians with each other and the school.
- Publishes a 60+ page colour magazine celebrating the achievements and anecdotes of Old Campbellians across the globe.
- Distributes a monthly eNews.
For the future, as the Society continues to move from strength to strength, we intend to increase our ability to give something back to the school that binds us all, strengthening the links with Campbell, future Old Campbellians and their parents. Forthcoming projects will focus on increasing a connected membership, business links and fundraising to enable the Society to achieve its purpose, supporting the school and society members. To this end the Council are extremely keen to hear from any Old Campbellians and parents of current Campbellians who may be able to help with any aspect of the Society's work.
The Society is directed on behalf of its members by an elected Council, all of whom are Old Campbellians. The Society is supported by a Society Manager (Walter Murphy) - 02890 764 127 - and the College's Alumni Manager who work tirelessly for the benefit of all members. The Council delivers support to the school and members through several Sub Committees.
Each of these Sub Committees is led by a member of the Council and supported by a range of Campbellian parents and Old Campbellians. If you would like to become involved please contact waltermurphy@oldcampbellians
in the first instance.